If you are planning to use an inversion table and do not have the right information about the same, then you might be able to find this article interesting. It could help you to have a bit more knowledge about the world of inversion therapies and the various equipments attached to it including inversion tables. You could have come across many articles for and against inversion tables and this could only lead to further confusion and indecision. When you decide to buy an inversion table, you could be confronted with dozens of choices and this again could lead to further confusion. However, in this article, we will try and restrict to the basic information about inversion tables and the pros, cons and perhaps even dangers associated with it. We are sure it will go a long way in getting unbiased and reliable information about these equipments and find out whether they are worth the investment of time, money and effort.
What Are They?
We will get started by understanding the basics of inversion tables. These are special tables which help a person to stay in a state of inversion. In other words a person can stand with his face on the ground and feet facing the sky. This is done in yoga and forms a part of complicated and difficult exercises. When the body is in a state of inversion, blood flow to the upper extremities increase and the muscles, joints, tissues and bones in the lower extremities get a chance to relax and get back into shape. It could particular be useful for all those who suffer from back pain. For many it is a nagging and chronic problem. There are many types of such inversion tables and it could be helpful in managing back pain in more ways than one. It would be better to do some research and look for sites like https://www.yourmindyourbody.org/best-inversion-table/ which will help you to have more information and knowledge about back pains and how these inversion tables could assist in overcoming pain on a continuous basis.
The Pros Of These Tables
There is a continuous growth in the demand for inversion tables and this certainly points to the fact that it comes with a number of advantages and benefits. Let us try and look at a few of them over the next few lines.
- It could ease back pain. There are research papers, articles and history also points to the use of inversion as a means to treat back pain. Hippocrates, who is often considered the father of modern medicine, has used inversion therapy as a means to help patients suffering from back pain. This has happened over 2500 years ago. Hence, for back pain management, inversion tables and inversion therapy are considered very useful.
- It is a non-invasive but effective treatment. Here again a few researched studies have pointed to the fact that inversion therapy could prevent the need for expensive and complicated surgeries and other processes. 75% of people who used inversion therapy to mange low back pain and other disc related complications were able to avoid surgery and
- Athletes could also benefit from inversion treatments. Return of blood from the legs is supposed to be helpful in aiding faster recovery from injuries. It also could be useful in strengthening core muscles and joints.
- It also could detoxify the body. Lymph nodes are known to be useful in protecting the body against illnesses and also in flushing out toxins. Regular inversion could improve lymph circulation and this done by decompressing the spine and also by rehydrating the discs that are situated between the vertebrae.
- It also could lead to improved blood circulation and improve postures because of traction that is provided to the vertebrae.
- It also might be useful in managing certain types of joint and bone related problems including osteoarthritis.
- It might also reduce the risk of varicose veins because it helps to bring back blood from the legs and lower extremities.
The Cons And Dangers
However, it may not be right to mention that inversion therapies done with the best of inversion tables are all safe. Those who suffer from pre existing illnesses and medical conditions should be careful about the use of such therapies. They must get the right guidance from doctors and experts and only then should they move forward. In some cases there are reasons to believe that the risks are higher than the benefits of inversion therapies. Here are some possible dangers and problems associated with inversion tables.
- It could lead to pulled muscles. Over exertion and lack of physical fitness could lead to muscles being pulled and therefore this should always be kept in mind.
- Inversion could often lead to increased pressure in the eyes. Therefore persons suffering from glaucoma, retinal detachment or even conjunctivitis should avoid inverting. It could have serious consequences including blindness.
- People suffering from hernia should also be careful when doing inversion therapy. It could lead to worsening of the problem because the stretching action could lead to complications if you suffer from ventral or hiatal hernia.
- Our ankles, knees and lower legs could feel pain and discomfort and it could also happen to our hips to a certain extent.
- Pregnant women should stay away from inversion therapies and the same is the case with people who have undergone back surgery.
- People with ear infections, fractures which have not healed, people suffering from osteoporosis and inflamed joints should be careful about using this form of exercises.
If you are a beginner, you must start safe and never go in for full inversion the first day. You must start probably with 15 degree inversion and gradually increase it depending on your comfort level. Once you have reached full inversion you must be sure that you start with a few minutes and slowly move forward and increase the frequency and time of inversion. At the maximum level you should invert beyond five minutes but do it at least three times a day to get the best results.