While it is a joy to own a home, sometimes plumbing issues can make the whole home ownership thing a very big joke. Too often we have seen plumbing companies moving around with their working trucks and that just proves how much their services are needed. A plumbing issue or problem can happen at once, or it can be an issue that you saw coming but did not take the necessary precautions. Most of the common plumbing issues that are likely to have you fumbling for a plumber’s number are the likes of toilet and bathroom clogs, water and gas leaks, broken sewers and so forth.
When any of the plumbing problems presents itself, the next move can be that of trying to fix it and that is only if the problem itself is not that complicated. If there are no necessary tools available for the fixing, it is only right to call in a professional plumber to come over and take care of the problem. It should be noted that even as simple as a plumbing issue may seem, things can get messy and more damage can be done if you downplay the importance of calling in a plumber. Therefore it is important to leave everything for a plumber because they have the experience and expertise of providing a more permanent solution.
When it comes to hiring a plumbing company such as HP for plumbing fixes, it could be that you are calling them in for repair, maintain or installing services and it is important to carry out adequate research to ensure that you get to involve only the best while at it. So how do you know that it is time to call in a plumber?
Signs that indicate it is time to hire a plumber
Here are some of the tell tale signs that you need to seek a plumber’s services soonest possible:
- Dirt or unclear water: A change in water color is a clear indication that there could be a problem with the piping system which calls for immediate attention before the problem can get out of hand. Discolored water is a sign of water contamination which could be as a result of a plumbing problem and until the problem is fixed by a professional plumber it is dangerous to use such water due to health complications that may arise from such a situation.
- Mold presence: The presence of moisture creates an environment for mold growth. This is usually the case when there is a water leak somewhere that has been happening for some time without being noticed. The dampness arising from such places is what facilitates the growth of mold and if noticed then the help of a plumber should be sought so that they can take care of the underlying leaking problem because it is a hazard to your health when not fixed on time.
- Low water pressure: Water that flows slowly indicates a possible clog that could be preventing the normal flow of water. That is a clear sign that a plumber should be sought so that the clog can be fixed to avoid any strains on the pipe that could result to busting or leaks due to the build-up of water. Taking action about this right away should be the way to go in order to avoid any further damages that will eventually result to more expenditure given the repair and replacements of for example faulty pipes.
- Noise from the pipes or while using the sinks: This could be a signal of loose fittings which if not addressed on time they may result to acute damages. If any kind of noise is detected then there should be no hesitation calling in a plumber so that they look into the matter and fix any underlying problems and save on costs while at it.
- Overflowing toilets: You know it is time to call in a professional plumber when your toilet won’t flash and this is mostly a sign of a clog. Nothing can be more grievous than a non-functioning toilet and for this matter it is wise to call in a plumber the moment any problem is detected. While waiting for the services of a plumber, it is advisable to turn off main water source directing water flow into the toilet to avoid any flooding.
- Dizziness and nausea: This is commonly a telltale sign of a gas leakage and this can be very dangerous if not addressed urgently. Since not only your health is at risk here but a potential fire breaks out as well, it is wise to call for the services of a reliable plumber so that they can fix the gas leak issue.
- Cold shower: The last thing anyone with a water heater system wants to experience is enduring a cold shower especially in the cold seasons. To have underlying problems that could be resulting to that, it is important to hire professional plumbers like HP so that they can provide a lasting solution to your predicament.
All that having been pointed out, it should be noted that proper research should be done while hiring a plumber so that you do not end up disappointed due to poorly executed services. While there is a flooding of plumbing companies out there at your disposal, all of them deserve deliver what they want you to believe and therefore the need to conduct a background before anything else.